With great power,comes great ability

Thursday, June 21, 2007

7 Steps to Becoming the King - Queen of Your World!

Listen!

Can you hear those voices from your past in your head? Some may be friendly and kind. But sometimes all you hear is one dominant voice shouting...screaming...and telling lies. "You're too fat. You're ugly. You'll never amount to anything!"

Sound familiar?

This could be a voice from your past that is physically silent. It only lives within your chattering mind.

You try not to believe the lies. But your subconscious, where the voice now lives, controls 90% of your thought process. Unfortunately, when you need confidence, it plays back the lies. It's like thirsting for water and getting vinegar!

Let me tell you my own story

For years I kept hearing a critical voice from my past putting me down. That voice told me that I was a problem. If I could just be "normal" like everyone else, then everyone would be happy! I felt as if I was walking beneath a dark cloud of pouring rain and that everything I did was wrong!"

One day I finally said, "Enough! I won't live with this lie about myself any longer!" I made the decision to face and even challenge the negative voice that had seeped into me.

Did everything suddenly change? No...but that day I did feel something inside me make a positive shift. Somehow, I knew things were going to get better, and they did!

What did I do?

I chose to look at myself in a noble new way. When I'd get up in the morning, I'd pretend I was putting on a crown of Personal Power. I was a queen for myself, preparing to take my daily royal journey...a journey that would help me live that day like the royal person I knew I could be if only I had a little faith in myself.

At first it was an act

I had to pretend that I was indeed a queen despite others' opinions of me. But, day after day, journey after journey, it became less make believe and more real.

I'd like to share the seven steps of my personal journey with you. They helped me to silence the critical voices in my head and opened up my life to the potential I knew was inside me. They can do the same thing for you!

Get ready for the journey of a lifetime

If possible, begin your journey early in the morning when you won't be interrupted. Don't rush along. Spend time on each step, visualizing and feeling what is happening inside you. Pay particular attention to your emotions. They are extremely important in helping create the new you!

Here are the 7 steps of your journey

1. See yourself as a queen or king. Feel the surge of confidence it gives you. Focus on your emotion and let it expand. Yield completely to its power.

2. See yourself taking a journey throughout the kingdom of your life. Meet people. Successfully accomplish projects. Enjoy the power you have. Feel the love you are attracting. Yours is a HAPPY kingdom! Have fun being a part of it!

3. See yourself willing to change directions when the road ahead is blocked or opportunity beckons toward another route. However, always keep in mind that you are a noble person and not easily influenced by others. You make your OWN decisions based on what seems right for you!

4. See yourself stopping along the way to help others. You know that by sharing love you attract love. This makes you a beloved monarch to all those who dwell in your land.

5. See yourself stopping frequently to give thanks for all that you see and have. This feeling of gratitude increases the beauty of your kingdom and gives you a feeling of wealth far beyond mere money.

6. Look ahead on the road and see the NEW you. Something has definitely changed - this is not the you of yesterday. It is a NEW you of TODAY! And, as you come closer to the you in your vision, you sense the new you actually entering and taking over your mind and body. It's a wonderful feeling - you're excited that you have become this new person!

7. See yourself as having reached your destination...at least for today. You are a better you. A happier you. And this day will be a day of accomplishment. You will carry "the new you" feeling throughout your day. You will ACT and BE a person of royalty.

Take the journey EVERY day

Tomorrow you will begin a whole new journey. Forget about any potholes you found in the road today. They are in the past and no longer exist!

Each day that you take this journey, the new person you meet and become will be happier, more productive, and more peaceful. Internal voices of criticism will be harder to hear. The new you will become more of a reality.

Don't be surprised when one day someone says to you, "You look different! I can't put my finger on it but something about you has changed!"

Just smile to yourself and say, "Welcome to my kingdom!"

Copyright 2006 - Michelle Rigg

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home